Snappy Southwest Corn Muffins
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 25 mins
- 1 -- 8-ounce package corn muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or 1-2 teaspoons for less spicy flavor)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 -- egg
- 1 cup canned, drained corn kernels (or 7-ounce can Mexicorn)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed Hickory Smoked or classic Jarlsberg or Nokkelost cheese
- 1 -- 4-ounce can chopped chili peppers
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) chopped California Ripe Olives
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) chopped California walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine muffin mix and chili powder. Add milk and egg and stir to moisten. Stir in remaining (5) ingredients.
- Fill each muffin cup with about ½ cup mixture, dividing batter evenly*.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Variation: Before baking, top muffins with additional walnuts.
* Or divide evenly among 10 muffin cups for more rounded, “domed” muffins.