Smothered Pork Chops
- Yield 4 servings
- 3 to 4 pork chops
- Favorite spices (such as salt, pepper, rosemary, basil, or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 cup or more water
- 1/2 cup diced onions (optional)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup or more red wine
- Remove excess fat from chops. Using meat tenderizer mallet, beat spices into meat. Brown chops on one side in skillet over medium heat. Pour water in skillet and turn chops over and brown opposite side. If water evaporates, add 1/2 to 1 cup water.
- Stir in onion, if desired. Add soup and wine. Cover skillet, lower heat, and simmer one hour.
- As chops cook, add water, if needed (should maintain gravy consistency).
Recipe by Mary Forrest, Hearne, Texas.