Smoky Veggie Skewers
- Yield 4 servings
Want your kids to eat their veggies? Serve them as lollipops!
The smoky butter is also luscious on grilled corn.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, cut into halves
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut in 1/2-inch rounds
- 12 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic cloves, cut side-down, and let cook together, swirling the pan often, until fragrant, garlic is lightly golden, and butter is bubbling but not colored. Remove from heat, discard garlic, and stir in smoked paprika and salt. Set aside.
- Arrange zucchini and yellow squash on skewers, 3 to a skewer, cut sides-up, and alternating between the two.
- Prepare a grill or heat a grill pan to medium-high. Brush skewers with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill skewers 3 minutes per side, or until just tender and nicely charred. Transfer to a platter, and brush with the smoked paprika butter.