Smoky Eggplant and Chickpea Spread
- Yield: 18 servings
- 2 (1 -pound) eggplant, peeled
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2cup tahini, stirred well
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon ground fresh chili paste
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 3/4teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut eggplant into halves lengthwise. Place cut sides down on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake about 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Cut roasted eggplant into chunks; place in food processor with all ingredients. Process until smooth. Makes 4 1/2 cups. Makes 4 1/2 cups.
Reprinted with permission from The Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook by Tosca Reno (Robert Kennedy Publishing).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 88
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g