Smoky and Sweet Chicken Burgers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 strips smoked thick cut bacon
- 4 6 ounce chicken burger patties
- 4 slices Vermont cheddar cheese
- 4 sesame seed buns, toasted
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 slices tomato
- 1cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2cup barbecue sauce
- Add bacon to skillet, heat skillet to medium heat.
- While bacon is cooking, use your hands to flatten chicken burger patties to 1/2” thickness; season both sides of the chicken burger patties with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When bacon is fully cooked, remove from skillet and place on plate with paper towels to absorb excess fat.
- Pour off bacon fat, keeping approximately 2 tablespoons in the skillet; add your chicken burgers to the skillet.
- Cook chicken burgers (approx. 4-5 minutes), flip using a spatula.
- Add cheese and bacon to the chicken burgers, cook until cheese is melted and burgers are cooked through (approx. 3 minutes). Spread barbecue sauce to taste on toasted buns, add lettuce, tomato, onion.
Recipe Courtesy of Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken