- 2 (19-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 to 2 chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1/4cup smoked almonds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (including any optional ones) in a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process or puree 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
*Chipotle chilies in adobo can be found in some supermarkets, Latin American grocery stores and specialty food stores.