Smokin’ Bean Dip
- Yield 8 servings
Makes this healthy dip up to three days before serving to allow the smoky flavors to meld.
- 2 (19-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 to 2 chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup smoked almonds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (including any optional ones) in a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process or puree 1 minute until smooth and creamy.