Smoky Salmon Spread
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) can salmon, drained, bones removed and flaked
- 1/2cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4cup finely chopped parsley
- Assorted crackers
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat until fluffy using a mixer at medium speed.
- Add onion, horseradish, lemon juice, liquid smoke and salt; beat until well blended. Stir in salmon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour to firm slightly. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle pecans and parsley on top. Serve with crackers.
Recipe by Gwen Swanson, Pukwana, S.D.