Smokey Chicken and Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
- Yield: 4 pieces
- 2/3cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1/2cup bottled roasted red peppers, drained
- 1large red bell pepper, cored and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1medium red onion, cut in 1/4 inch rings, rings quartered and separated
- 12pieces large asparagus spears, peeled and cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon smoked paprika, plus extra
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained & patted dry oil for deep frying
- 1/4cup sliced black olives
- 1 1/2cups cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes), cut in half
- 2cups rotisserie chicken, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 3cups cooked rotini pasta
- 1/4cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4cup toasted pine nuts, or slivered almonds
- 1ounce fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the Italian dressing and bottled red peppers in a mini food processor, process until smooth. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the fresh red pepper pieces, onion and asparagus on the baking sheet and toss with the 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper to coat evenly.
- Roast in a 400F oven 17-20 minutes or until lightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, deep fry garbanzos in 360F oil 40-60 seconds or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and immediately sprinkle lightly with smoked paprika and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the roasted veggies, olives, tomatoes, chicken, pasta and parsley.
- Toss with dressing, spoon onto a serving platter and top with garbonzos, pine nuts and parmesan cheese