Smoked Turkey and Apple Sandwich
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Lone Star Mayonnaise:
- 1cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3drops liquid smoke
- -- Juice, pulp, and zest of 1 lime
- 1tablespoon chipotle chile peppers, canned in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 12slices whole wheat farm bread
- 2-- green apples, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 6 to 8slices smoked turkey breast
- 6 to 8slices Muenster cheese
- Lone Star Mayonnaise: Blend mayonnaise, mustard, liquid smoke, lime, and chipotles in a food processor. Cover and refrigerate.
- Sandwiches: Spread Lone Star Mayonnaise on bread and asemble sandwiches using apples, turkey, and cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Houston’s Stop and Smell the Rosemary (Junior League of Houston Inc., 1996).