Smoked Turkey and Apple Sandwich
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
The Lone Star Mayonnaise on this turkey sandwich spices things up a bit.
- Lone Star Mayonnaise:
- 1 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- -- Juice, pulp, and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile peppers, canned in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 12 slices whole wheat farm bread
- 2 -- green apples, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 slices smoked turkey breast
- 6 to 8 slices Muenster cheese
- Lone Star Mayonnaise: Blend mayonnaise, mustard, liquid smoke, lime, and chipotles in a food processor. Cover and refrigerate.
- Sandwiches: Spread Lone Star Mayonnaise on bread and asemble sandwiches using apples, turkey, and cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Houston’s Stop and Smell the Rosemary (Junior League of Houston Inc., 1996).