Smoked Salmon “Tartare”
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2teaspoons chopped dill, plus fresh dill sprigs for garnish
- 2teaspoons lemon zest, finely copped, divided (1 lemon)
- 2tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided (from same lemon)
- 1tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup creme fraiche
- Endive spears (optional) or everything crackers (optional) for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked salmon, shallot, capers, chopped dill, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a second small bowl, whisk together the crème fraîche, the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the salmon “tartare” into individual appetizer spoons or endive spears, or onto everything crackers. Garnish with a dollop (or drizzle) of crème fraîche and a sprig of dill.
Excerpted from The Yellow Table, © 2014 by Anna Watson Carl. Reproduced by permission of Yellow Table Press.