Smoked Salmon Pizza with Red Onion and Dill
- Yield 6 servings
This is not your traditional pizza!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dillweed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon white horseradish
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 -- (12-inch) pizza crust
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Beat the cream cheese, onion, dillweed, lemon zest and horseradish in a mixing bowl until mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pizza crust. Arrange the salmon over the cream cheese mixture. Garnish with additional chopped fresh dillweed, sliced red onion and capers. Cut into 6 large slices for an entree or into smaller portions and serve as an appetizer.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Maryland Dietetic Association’s Explore the Tastes of Maryland; From the Mountains to the Sea (Maryland Dietetic Association, Brooklandville, Maryland, 2002).