Smoked Salmon Cakes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2pounds smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 1/2cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2cup plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2cup chopped white onion
- 1-- egg
- 1/2cup finely chopped celery
- 1cup bread crumbs
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- -- Cold Sauce:
- 1cup plain yogurt
- 1/2cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Place smoked salmon in food processor and blend until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saute pan; add finely chopped celery, green pepper and onion. Cook until vegetables are transparent.
- Place cooked vegetables in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs, yogurt, eggs and lemon juice. Mix well with wood paddle or hands. Shape into 4-ounce patties and place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Hold in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Place yogurt, finely chopped cucumber and dill in a mixing bowl. Mix together. Cover and place in cooler until service.
- Heat saute pan with olive oil. Place three salmon patties in pan and saute until golden brownon each side (about 4 minutes per side). Remove and place on pan lined with paper towels to absorb extra oil.
- Place finished patties on a warm serving plate. Top with cold sauce in center of the patties. Garnish with lemon wedge and a sprig of fresh dill.