Smoked Gouda Crawfish Dip
- Yield 10 servings
Simple to make, elegant to serve, and quick to disappear, this delightful dish combines crawfish and Gouda for a truly unique flavor.
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 pound crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or cooking vermouth
- Pepper to taste
- In nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté green onion, parsley, and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and crawfish, stirring until wellheated and bubbly. Add cheese and vermouth, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Season to taste Serve with melba rounds. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.