Smoked Gouda and Sun-dried Tomato Muffins
- Yield 10 pieces
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 25 mins
A different hot bread for breakfast or dinner that's great for packing in lunch, too.
Taylor Farm's Maple-Smoked Gouda gives these muffins a delicious, mellow flavor. Smoked Gouda will work just fine.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup shredded maple-smoked Gouda (about 4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line it with paper muffin cups.
- Mix flour, baking powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs, butter, tomatoes and parsley in a large bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring until almost combined. Gently fold in cheese; the mixture will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake until muffins are golden brown and firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Taylor Farm, Londonderry, Vt., taylorfarmvermont.com