Smoked Coho Salmon on Idaho Baked Potato Cake
- Yield 10 servings
This complete entree features a crispy potato cake topped with lemon sour cream and smoked salmon. Baby greens and tomatoes tossed in balsamic dressing complete this delicious meal.
- Lemon Sour Cream:
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 -- lemons, zest of
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Potato Cakes and Salmon:
- 2 -- Idaho russet potatoes, skin-on, baked, cooled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 -- lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped, plus as needed
- 20 -- (1-ounce) slices smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup egg, cooked, minced
- 10 cups baby greens
- 10 ounces balsamic dressing
- 10 tablespoons tomatoes, diced
- To make the, lemon sour cream: Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk well. Transfer mixture into a squeeze bottle and reserve, refrigerated.
- To make the potatoes cakes: Grate potatoes on large side of a box grater into a bowl.
- Combine sour cream, green onions, feta, lemon zest and juice, pepper sauce, pepper, salt and parsley in a separate bowl. Whisk well until mixture achieves a uniform consistency. Using a rubber spatula, fold sour cream mixture into grated potatoes, mixing until completely combined. Reserve.
- Using a 1 3/4-ounce scoop, portion potato mixture to form a 1/2-inch thick potato cake and place on an oiled, heated griddle. Cook potato cake until crisp and golden brown on both sides; repeat with remaining potato mixture to make 10 potato cakes.
- Place a potato cake on bottom half of each plate and drizzle 1 ounce lemon sour cream over each cake. Fold 2 smoked salmon slices into thirds and place on top of each cake at slight angle.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons each diced egg and red onion over salmon. Add a small dollop of lemon sour cream to center of smoked salmon.
- Toss baby greens in balsamic dressing. Place on plates with salmon and potato cakes. Sprinkle diced tomatoes over greens and salmon. Garnish salmon with chopped parsley and serve.