Smoke Salmon and Ziti
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
A light and creamy dish starring smoked salmon.
Smoked Nova Scotia salmon can be usually found in packages at the grocery store or sometimes in the deli department. You can use fresh asparagus cut in pieces. Just add them to the skillet a little earlier, with the tomatoes, as they will take longer to cook than the canned ones.
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti or any other tubular pasta
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced smoked Nova Scotia salmon, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can asparagus spears, drained, and cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain; set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute tomato and green onions over medium heat 2 minutes. Add smoked salmon, asparagus spears, lemon juice, tarragon and ricotta and cook, stirring, until cheese is well blended. Add pasta, tossing carefully. Season with salt and pepper.