- 2pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled, rough chopped
- 1cup hard chorizo, chopped
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 1cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until soft. Drain and reserve.
In a nonstick, oven-safe pan, render chorizo until slightly brown. Fold in potatoes and gently smash them with a rubber spatula. Add butter, chives, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Sprinkle potatoes with cheese and immediately place in the oven. Broil for 30 to 45 seconds to brown cheese.
Garnish with a couple homemade potato chips Serve immediately.
To make the potato chips, wash 1 large potato, then slice into thin discs on a mandolin. Soak potato discs for 6 hours in 3 parts cold water, 1 part white wine vinegar. Rinse well and pat dry. Fry in oil, preheated to 350F, for 30 seconds to one minute, until golden brown. Make sure the chips do not stick together while frying. Remove and salt immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Andrea Curto-Randazzo, Co-owner/Chef, Talula, Miami Beach, Fla.