Squash with Walnuts and Thyme
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10
- Cook 25
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 3 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut acorn squash in half (cutting through the stem end) and scrape out seeds. Cut into 3/4-inch thick slices and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with the olive oil and half the vinegar; spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes; sprinkle with walnuts and thyme and cook for 5 minutes more or until squash is tender.
- Drizzle with remaining vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Courtesy of Patty Mastracco, I Do Food.