- 2teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 Vidalia onions, peeled and cut into halves
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon
- 1sprig rosemary
- Heat a heavy-bottom sauté pan. Add onions cut side down, reduce heat to medium and cook slowly until they are caramelized.
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Transfer onions cut side down to a casserole dish. Spoon honey over the Vidalia onions and then squeeze the juice of lemon over top. Place sprig of rosemary in dish. Cover tightly with foil and place oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven. Transfer onions to serving platter cut side up.
Recipe by Chef Gerry Klaskala, Aria, Atlanta, Ga.