Slow Roasted Vidalia Onions with Honey, Lemon and Rosemary
- Yield 8 servings
Slow-roasted Vidalia onions are taken to a new level with a touch of honey, lemon and rosemary.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 Vidalia onions, peeled and cut into halves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Heat a heavy-bottom sauté pan. Add onions cut side down, reduce heat to medium and cook slowly until they are caramelized.
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Transfer onions cut side down to a casserole dish. Spoon honey over the Vidalia onions and then squeeze the juice of lemon over top. Place sprig of rosemary in dish. Cover tightly with foil and place oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven. Transfer onions to serving platter cut side up.