Slow-Roasted Georgia Pecans
- Yield 16 servings
Enhance pecans’ natural sweetness with butter and salt – that’s all they need.
- 1 pound Georgia pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250F. Position rack in center of oven.
- Spread pecans in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and place pan on the center rack. Toast, stirring, until pecans begin to color, about 1 hour. Don’t let them darken.
- Remove pecans from oven. Cut butter into small pieces and stir into pecans so butter melts. Return to oven and let toast 10 more minutes.
- Remove pecans from oven and salt to taste, toss and let cool.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission