Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Raisins and Cranberries
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 20 minjutes
- Cook 4 hours
Sweet potatoes and apples slow cooked along with California raisins and dried cranberries. A lot of spices help complete this dish to be served at any occasion. A true fall or winter side dish decorated with lots of color and most of all, flavor. Bursting with every bite.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, sliced, divided
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 large red apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup California Raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 to 5 molasses or gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Place 2 tablespoons butter slices in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add sweet potatoes and apples. Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top of potatoes and apple slices, placing remaining butter slices on top.
- Cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours, until potatoes and apples are very tender. Serve warm.