- Yield 10 servings
We used to have a problem with stuffing getting dry while waiting for dinner to be served. This method solves the problem nicely.
- 1 whole chicken, cooked, boned, and chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) package corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- Grease a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Combine chicken, stuffing mix, onion, celery, eggs, soup, broth and seasonings in a bowl; mix gently. Transfer to slow cooker. Top with butter.
- Cook, covered, on high 3 hours. Do not remove lid during cooking time.
Recipe by Wanda White, Sedalia, Mo.