Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork with Barbecue Sauce
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This crock-pot pork barbeque is easy and delicious.
- 1 (3- to 5-pound) pork sirloin roast
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pickled jalapeno chiles (optional)
- Place the pork in a slow cooker and sprinkle with the paprika, garlic powder and salt. Cook on High for 6 hours.
- Mix the vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and jalapeno chiles in a saucepan. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour over the pork in the slow cooker. Cook on Low for 30 minutes. Remove the pork to a work surface and let cool slightly. Pull the meat apart with a fork and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five Forks: Irresistibly Delicious Dishes (Kerr Vance Academy, Henderson, N.C., 2010).