Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork with Barbecue Sauce
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (3- to 5-pound) pork sirloin roast
- 1tablespoon paprika
- 1tablespoon garlic powder
- 1tablespoon salt
- 1 1/3cups cider vinegar
- 2/3cup ketchup
- 1/3cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/2teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1tablespoon dry mustard
- 1tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pickled jalapeno chiles (optional)
- Place the pork in a slow cooker and sprinkle with the paprika, garlic powder and salt. Cook on High for 6 hours.
- Mix the vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and jalapeno chiles in a saucepan. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour over the pork in the slow cooker. Cook on Low for 30 minutes. Remove the pork to a work surface and let cool slightly. Pull the meat apart with a fork and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five Forks: Irresistibly Delicious Dishes (Kerr Vance Academy, Henderson, N.C., 2010).