Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2-3pounds chuck roast, trimmed
- 2-3tablespoons favorite beef rub (I like Emeril's Essence)
- 3-5medium Potatoes
- 3-4medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2stalk celery, chopped
- 1cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1can cream of celery soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 1/2cups half-n-half or whole milk
- 1teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1can cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz)
- 1envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2teaspoon fresh tyme, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon fresh marjoram, minced
- 1teaspoon dry mustard seed
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper corns, cracked
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
RuR Rub roast with beef rub. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hourRR
Rub roast with favorite beef rub. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour, more is better.
In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, sear/brown both side of roast. Remove roast to slow cooker cooker, begin cooking over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, celery & mushrooms to the pan and saute for 5-6 minutes, until translucent. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Remove and add to slow cooking roast.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add soups, milk & seasonings and mix well.
After roast has cooked for an hour or so,add soup mix, potatoes & carrots. Continue cooking until roast, potatoes & carrots are tinder (About 7-8 hours over medium heat.).