Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Yield 6-8 servings
- 2-3 pounds chuck roast, trimmed
- 2-3 tablespoons favorite beef rub (I like Emeril's Essence)
- 3-5 medium Potatoes
- 3-4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of celery soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups half-n-half or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh marjoram, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper corns, cracked
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
RuR Rub roast with beef rub. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hourRR
Rub roast with favorite beef rub. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour, more is better.
In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, sear/brown both side of roast. Remove roast to slow cooker cooker, begin cooking over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, celery & mushrooms to the pan and saute for 5-6 minutes, until translucent. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Remove and add to slow cooking roast.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add soups, milk & seasonings and mix well.
After roast has cooked for an hour or so,add soup mix, potatoes & carrots. Continue cooking until roast, potatoes & carrots are tinder (About 7-8 hours over medium heat.).