Slow Cooker Cassoulet
- Yield: <p>4-6</p> servings
- 2pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 oz )cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2pound turkey kielbasa, cut into small pieces
- 1/2teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1cup chicken broth - canned or homemade
- 1cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4ounces cream cheese - I used fat free
- Place the chicken into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Stir together the onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, cannellini beans, liquid smoke, chicken broth, white wine and turkey kielbasa in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker, Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Then stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese and continue to cook for another hour.
- Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.