Crock Pot Beef Sandwiches
- Yield 12 servings
This tasty, too-easy beef recipe feeds a crowd and is perfect for your Crock Pot.
These sandwiches are a favorite for our family picnics. I also have prepared a smaller amount for our quilting group where we serve lunch between the morning and afternoon quilting sessions. It is easy because I prepare it the day before and reheat it while we quilt in the morning.
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup jarred mild or medium salsa
- 12 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and warmed
- Trim excess fat from roast and cut into large pieces. Place in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Combine barbecue sauce, bell pepper, mustard, brown sugar, red onion and salsa in a medium bowl. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low 9 hours or on high 4 1/2 to 5 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Remove beef to a cutting board. Pull apart with a fork or cut into thin slices. Serve on Kaiser rolls or buns with sauce.
Recipe by Eleanor Froehlich, Rochester Hills, Mich.