Slow-Cooker Baked Beans
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1pound bacon, chopped
- 1-- onion, chopped
- 1-- (16-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1-- (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1-- (16-ounce) can Great Northern white beans, drained
- 1-- (16-ounce) can jalapeno pinto beans
- 1/2cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2cup catsup
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon vinegar
- Saute bacon and onion in skillet. Combine bacon mixture with lima beans, red kidney beans, white beans, undrained jalapeno pinto beans, brown sugar, catsup, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar in slow cooker; mix well. Cook on Low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Kansas City Barbeque Society’s Barbecue…It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore (the Kansas City Barbecue Society, Kansas City, Missouri, 1996).