Slow-Cooker Baked Beans
- Yield 12 servings
Try this easy recipe for gourmet tasting baked beans.
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 -- onion, chopped
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can Great Northern white beans, drained
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can jalapeno pinto beans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Saute bacon and onion in skillet. Combine bacon mixture with lima beans, red kidney beans, white beans, undrained jalapeno pinto beans, brown sugar, catsup, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar in slow cooker; mix well. Cook on Low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Kansas City Barbeque Society’s Barbecue…It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore (the Kansas City Barbecue Society, Kansas City, Missouri, 1996).