Slow-Cooked Spiced-Cranberry Pork Roast
- Yield 8 servings
The flavors from the winter holidays fill the kitchen with this slow cooker recipe from Lisa Buzzard of Stroudsburg, PA who won first place at the Allentown Fair. Serve with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.
- 3 1/2 to 4` pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 -- (6-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- -- Salt, to taste
- Trim fat from pork roast, if necessary. Place roast in 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Use wire whisk to stir together cranberry sauce and sugar in medium bowl. Stir in juice, mustard, cloves and pepper until well combined. Pour cranberry mixture over roast in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until pork roast is tender. Season roast to taste with salt; serve juices with roast.