Slow-Cooked Beef and Pork Chili
- 1pound pork shoulder, medium diced
- 1pound ground beef
- 3ounces chipotle adobe
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fresh
- 1tablespoon onion powder
- 1tablespoon garlic powder
- 1tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1tablespoon paprika
- 1cup cooked pinto beans
- 1cup cooked kidney beans
- 3cups canned Italian plum tomatoes
- 3cups white chicken stock
- 1tablespoon Sriracha
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado (optional)
- 1 scallion chiffonade (optional)
- 2 sprigs of cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1tablespoon shredded cheddar (optional)
- Season the pork shoulder and ground beef with kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat, and then add meats.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until brown. Drain off the excess oil and add dried seasons.
- Remove the protein and set aside.
- Cook the onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the pureed chipotle adobe and roasted garlic.
- Return the meats to the pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook over a slow simmer for 2 hours. Taste and add final seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Finish with sliced avocado, sour cream, fresh thinly sliced scallion, cilantro leaves, and shredded aged cheddar.
Recipe Courtesy of Delicatessen