Slow Braised Beef and Pumpkin Stew
- Drain the meat and dry with a paper towel.
- Toss the meat in the flour and salt and pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Sear the pieces of meat on all sides.
- Add bacon, onions and thyme – cook until onions are transparent.
- Add red wine and beef stock.
- Cook slowly until meat is almost tender and sauce thickens.
- Add carrots, potato, celery and pumpkin.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Re-season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the stew into a bowl and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.