- Yield 6 servings
Napkins ready? This new take on an old favorite uses turkey instead of ground beef for a simple and satisfying meal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook, breaking up turkey with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, 10 minutes.
- Serve over rolls, dividing mixture evenly.
Recipe courtesy of Shady Brook Farms.