- Yield 10 servings
This hearty dish couldn’t be easier to make – a can of sauce, a can of beans, a can of Mexican-style corn and cooked ground beef.
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 -- (15.5-ounce) can sloppy joe sauce
- 1 cup canned, red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -- (7-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 10 -- (6-inch) round corn tortillas, heated according to package directions, kept warm
- 3/4 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely diced
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, chopping and turning often, about 5 minutes, until beef is cooked through. Add the sloppy joe sauce, kidney beans, and corn and heat through, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, place a tortilla in a small soup bowl and ladle half cup of the Sloppy José mixture in the center. Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Makes 10 bowls.