- Yield 8 servings
Here's a meal that's quick to put together and a real family-pleaser.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground round or sirloin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jarred barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine meat, onion, and garlic in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink. Drain excess grease.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick. Serve on hamburger buns.
– Dorothy Kates, Carlinville, Ill.