Sloppy Joes with Corn and Carrots
- Yield 4 servings
With the addition of corn and carrots, this oldie becomes a goodie--and the kids still love it.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded peeled carrots
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 (8-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 bun halves, toasted
- In a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, cook onion, carrots and meat over medium heat until done, about 10 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Add tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, corn and brown sugar, cooking 5 minutes until well heated. Spoon onto bun halves.