Chicken Sloppy Joes with Avocado Slaw
- Yield servings
- one good glug of evoo
- -- 2# Ground chicken
- 2 -- Shallots diced
- clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (for desired heat)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Jarred roasted red peppers diced
- 2 -- 3 Jalapenos diced
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- -- salt and pepper
- 8 -- crusty rolls
- Avacodo slaw
- 1/4 -- head red cabbage finely shredded
- 2 -- carrots finely shredded
- 2 -- avacodos diced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- -- juice of 1 lime
Heat large skillet over med-high heat.
Add glug of evoo around skillet. Add ground chicken. brown. add shallots and garlic and cook for a couple miniutes. add white wine and vinegar and cook a little while more. Sprinkle on brown sugar. Add hot sauce, dijon mustard, red peppers, jalapenos, cumin and chili powder. stir together. reduce heat and simmer for about 10 min. toast rolls.
Top crusty rolls with chicken mixture and top with slaw.
In a bowl add cabbage, carrots, avacodos, white wine vinegar, juice of lime and salt and pepper. let sit while you make the sloppy chicken joes.