Chicken Sloppy Joes with Avocado Slaw
- Yield: servings
- one good glug of evoo
- -- 2# Ground chicken
- 2-- Shallots diced
- clove of garlic minced
- 1/4cup white wine (your choice)
- 2tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 1tablespoon hot sauce (for desired heat)
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2cup Jarred roasted red peppers diced
- 2-- 3 Jalapenos diced
- 2tablespoons cumin
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- -- salt and pepper
- 8-- crusty rolls
- Avacodo slaw
- 1/4-- head red cabbage finely shredded
- 2-- carrots finely shredded
- 2-- avacodos diced
- 2teaspoons white wine vinegar
- -- juice of 1 lime
Heat large skillet over med-high heat.
Add glug of evoo around skillet. Add ground chicken. brown. add shallots and garlic and cook for a couple miniutes. add white wine and vinegar and cook a little while more. Sprinkle on brown sugar. Add hot sauce, dijon mustard, red peppers, jalapenos, cumin and chili powder. stir together. reduce heat and simmer for about 10 min. toast rolls.
Top crusty rolls with chicken mixture and top with slaw.
In a bowl add cabbage, carrots, avacodos, white wine vinegar, juice of lime and salt and pepper. let sit while you make the sloppy chicken joes.