Slightly Southwestern Salmon Soft Tacos
- Yield servings
A healthy salmon meal with a flavorful southwestern twist!
- For the Salmon
- 1.5 pounds fresh, preferably wild, salmon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Soft Taco
- 6 whole wheat soft tortillas
- 1.5 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 avocado
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- your favorite salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the salmon on the sheet, skin-side down.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the other ingredients for your soft taco.
- Warm your tortillas in a skillet until slightly brown.
- Once the salmon is finished you can build your soft taco! I prefer this order; soft taco shell, broccoli slaw, salmon, lime juice, cilantro, avocado, plain Greek yogurt and salsa (you can mix the two together if you’d like).
This recipe is courtesy of Gina Casagrande, MS, RD, LD, of CandidRD.com. Gina Casagrande is a supermarket dietitian from Columbus, Ohio, who loves to experiment with new foods and food combinations. Her food philosophy is that anything can fit into a healthy diet plan and there is no such thing as bad foods, only bad food patterns. “My goal in life is to make healthy eating not only fun, but simple!” she says. She also enjoys biking, yoga, reading, and blogging.