Slightly Southwestern Salmon Soft Tacos
- Yield: servings
- For the Salmon
- 1.5pounds fresh, preferably wild, salmon
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1/4teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Soft Taco
- 6 whole wheat soft tortillas
- 1.5cups broccoli slaw
- 1 avocado
- 2 limes
- 1/2cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4cup cilantro
- your favorite salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the salmon on the sheet, skin-side down.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the other ingredients for your soft taco.
- Warm your tortillas in a skillet until slightly brown.
- Once the salmon is finished you can build your soft taco! I prefer this order; soft taco shell, broccoli slaw, salmon, lime juice, cilantro, avocado, plain Greek yogurt and salsa (you can mix the two together if you’d like).
This recipe is courtesy of Gina Casagrande, MS, RD, LD, of CandidRD.com. Gina Casagrande is a supermarket dietitian from Columbus, Ohio, who loves to experiment with new foods and food combinations. Her food philosophy is that anything can fit into a healthy diet plan and there is no such thing as bad foods, only bad food patterns. “My goal in life is to make healthy eating not only fun, but simple!” she says. She also enjoys biking, yoga, reading, and blogging.