Slice-and-Bake Raisin-Filled Cookies
- Yield: 5 dozens
- Prep: 1 hour
- Cook: 8 to 10 minutes
These filled cookies do not need to be rolled out. They are rolled into a roll, refrigerated and then sliced. They are moist and delicious. My family really love them.
- 2cups shortening
- 2cups granulated sugar
- 1cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2tablespoons milk
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 6 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1package raisins
- 1cup water
- 1tablespoon vinegar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- To prepare cookies, combine shortening and sugars. Beat well. Add eggs one a a time. Add milk. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda ands alt. Beat into shortening mixture a little at a time.
- Roll in 4 (2-inch diameter) rolls. Chill at least 2 hours.
- To prepare filling, combine sugar and flour.
- Combine raisins, water, vinegar and vanilla in a saucepan. Stir in sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Let cool completely.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350F. Slice dough rolls ¼ inch thick. Spoon a scant teaspoon of filling on half the slices. Top with remaining cookie slices. Bake 8 to 10 minutes . Do not over bake.