Slice-and-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 3 1/2
Here's a great recipe to ensure hot chocolate chip cookies at a moment's notice.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine, brown sugar and confectioners’ sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beating until fluffy. Combine flour and baking soda and add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if desired. Mold dough into two 12-inch logs and wrap in plastic wrap in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut dough into about 1/2-inch slices. Place on cookine sheet; bake for 8 minutes or until golden.