Sleepy Chocolate and Cheesecake Smoothie Parfaits
- Yield servings
- Strawberry Cheesecake Layer
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons uncontaminated oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch powdered white stevia
- Sleepy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Layer
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + 1/4 c for blending (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup uncontaminated oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To be made the night before you plan on eating it, or at least 4 hours in advance: Combine strawberry ingredients in one container, and chocolate in the other. I like to use mason jars. Give it a quick shake then place the jars in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, pour the ingredients of one container into your blender and process until smooth. Distribute to serving glasses and give your blender a quick rinse. Drop the ingredients of the last jar into your blender and process until smooth. Top off your serving glasses with the second flavor and enjoy topped with cashews, strawberries, cacao nibs, or coconut.
Source: Leanne Vogel is a Holistic Nutritionist, athlete, and writer for her health blog www.healthfulpursuit.com, where she shares her passion for healthy treats, whole food eats, and balanced living.