- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 4cups cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1pound medium peeled shrimp
- 1teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2cup white wine or fat-free chicken broth
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2tablespoons crumbled, reduced-fat, feta cheese
- Heat oil and sauté onion for 3 minutes over medium heat in a skillet coated with nonstick spray.
- Toss in garlic and tomatoes and cook for an additional 3 minutes before adding shrimp and oregano. Cook an additional 3 minutes, making sure to stir.
- Combine with wine, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook until sauce thickens and shrimp are cooked through. Garnish with feta.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 196
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 170mg
- Sodium 279mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 21g