Skillet Ravioli and Vegetables
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Build dinner around convenient pre-made ravioli.
No need to pre-boil refrigerated ravioli—simply sauté and steam briefly in a skillet. If desired, replace half of the chicken broth with dry white wine.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 (9-ounce) packages refrigerated vegetable or cheese ravioli
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan-Asiago-Romano cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add cauliflower, peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browned, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables and set aside. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth to pan. Scrape pan to loosen browned bits; pour over vegetables.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan; heat over high heat. Add ravioli and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, until ravioli browns, about 2 minutes. Add remaining chicken broth. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until ravioli is tender and plump, about 3 minutes. Add cheese, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and reserved vegetables. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Recipe by Sharon Sanders