Skillet Fries with Gremolata and Aioli
- Yield 4 servings
Aioli serves as a creamy-and-zesty dipping sauce for these skillet fried potatoes.
- Gremolata (makes 4 tablespoons):
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 -- lemon, zest of
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- Aioli (makes 1 cup):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 -- lemon, juice of
- 1 -- garlic clove, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- -- Sea salt, as needed
- -- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 4 -- Idaho Russet potatoes, cut into steak fries
- -- Sea salt as needed
- To make the Gremolata: Combine all ingredients and reserve, refrigerated.
- To make the Aioli: Combine all ingredients and reserve, refrigerated.
- To make the potatoes: Heat extra virgin olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add potato wedges in one layer, being careful not to overcrowd pan. When potatoes start to sizzle, place skillet in a 475F oven. Cook potatoes 8 minutes on one side, then remove pan and carefully flip potatoes. Cook another 8 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown and tender. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and sprinkle generously with sea salt and gremolata. Serve alongside bowl of aioli for dipping.