Skillet Crisp Tilapia with Citrus Salsa
- Yield 4 servings
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (divided)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 box Gorton’s Skillet Crisp Tilapia Battered Fish Fillets - Classic Seasoning with Lemon
- In large bowl, combine tomatoes, oranges, green onions, 4 tablespoons cilantro and jalapeno pepper. Season, with salt and ground black pepper, if desired; set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend olive oil, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro. Brush both sides of fish fillets with cilantro spread.
- Arrange frozen fish fillets, leaving space between fillets and cook at medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, turning fillets over as needed until fish is fully cooked.
- Top each fish fillet with a couple tablespoons of citrus salsa.
NOTE: *You may substitute for Gorton’s Signature Grilled Tilapia or Grilled Salmon