- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
The freshest corn makes the best side dish.
Everyone, it seems, grew up on a version of this simple stir-fried corn. Kids adore it. Don't use a nonstick skillet for this, as you want the corn to stick to the pan to caramelize the corn's sugars and create yummy little clumps of "corn-y-ness."
- 4 to 6 -- ears fresh corns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut kernels off cobs and scrape off milky bits. You should have about 3 cups corn.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet. Add onion and corn and sauté until corn is cooked and slightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.