Skillet Chicken Parmigiana
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1-- egg, beaten
- 1/2cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4-- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 1-- (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2cups water
- 8ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/2cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow dishes. Dip the chicken into the egg and roll in the bread crumbs to coat. Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a platter to keep warm, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Add the spaghetti sauce, water and spaghetti to the skillet. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Place the chicken over the spaghetti in the skillet. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and the chicken is heated through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton Counties’ At Your Service (the Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton Counties, Inc., Duluth, Georgia, 2001).