Skillet Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 25 mins
Rotisserie bird, meet pilaf mix and frozen peas.
Serve this old-fashioned dish directly from the skillet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 package (6- to 7-ounce) rice pilaf mix
- 8 ounces chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 -- green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook 4 minutes. Stir in pilaf mix with seasonings, chicken and water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer according to package directions or until rice is tender.
- Gently stir in cheese, green onions, peas, parsley and almonds; heat thoroughly.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.