Skewered Lemon-Rosemary Cherry Tomatoes
- Yield: servings
If you grow rosemary, use pieces of the sturdy stalks for the skewers. Rosemary skewers can also be purchased at some grocery stores. Small Romas and cluster tomatoes are perfectly fine for this recipe as are red and yellow grape tomatoes.
- 1-- pint mixed cherry and grape tomatoes
- 4-- sweet onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4cup chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- -- fine Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Thread the cherry tomatoes and onions alternately on pre-soeaked wooden skewers. Place skewered vegetables in a large, shallow baking dish. Combine rosemary, olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings and pour over vegetables, coating well. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, turning over two or three times.
- Prepare a hot fire in your grill.
- When ready to grill, place skewered vegetables directly over the fire.
- Grill for about 3 to 5 minutes, basting frequently with the marinade until the vegetables are slightly charred.