Skewered Korean Beef with Mushrooms
- Yield 6 servings
These Asian inspired beef and vegetable kabobs make a great weeknight dinner.
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 large green onions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 pound mushrooms
- Place meat cubes in a bowl with the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, onions, garlic, sugar, pepper and sesame seeds. Marinate 1 hour, turning occasionally. Wash and dry the mushrooms. Cut off tough stem ends. Remove meat cubes from marinade and string on skewers alternately with the mushrooms. Broiled, basting with marinade, until the desired degree of doneness, not more than 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel