The Beef Checkoff
- 1pound beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2-- green, red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1tablespoon prepared Italian dressing
- 2large garlic cloves, minced
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 to 3tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2teaspoons olive oil
Soak 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
Cut beef steak into 1 1/4-inch pieces. Toss beef and bell peppers with 1 tablespoon basil, dressing and garlic in large bowl. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers.
Toss orzo ingredients in medium bowl; keep warm.
Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with orzo.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 51mg
- Sodium 163mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 2.9g
- Protein 34g