The Beef Checkoff
- 1pound beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2-- green, red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1tablespoon prepared Italian dressing
- 2large garlic cloves, minced
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 to 3tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2teaspoons olive oil
Soak 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
Cut beef steak into 1 1/4-inch pieces. Toss beef and bell peppers with 1 tablespoon basil, dressing and garlic in large bowl. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers.
Toss orzo ingredients in medium bowl; keep warm.
Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with orzo.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 51mg
- Sodium 163mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 2.9g
- Protein 34g