- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
This healthy fresh compote is really juicy and takes advantage of seasonal citrus. It brightens any brunch menu.
- 1cup water
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/2cup golden raisins
- 1/2cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1cup dried apricots
- 3 oranges or clementines, sectioned and juice reserved
- 2 red grapefruits, sectioned and juice reserved
- 1/4cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Let cool slightly. Add raisins, cranberries and apricots. Let stand at least 30 minutes.
- Place oranges, grapefruit, reserved juice and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Add dried fruit and soaking liquid. Refrigerate until cold.
Recipe by Jill Melton.